Monday, February 16, 2009

Be Mine


For Valentine's Day, my sweetie and I made lasagna (yes, together). We had so much fun drinking wine as we were cooking, surprisingly none ended up in the lasagna. I set our table with the flowers and See's candy he bought me. It was so romantic! The lasagna was super easy to make. We got the recipe from his mom. He made it for me a few years ago and thought it would be fun to re-make together.

Adrienne's Lasagna
1 lb ground beef
2 small cans tomato paste
1 1/2 cans water
2 bay leaves (I used dry-worked great)
salt and pepper
3/4 lb grated mozzarella (I used more)
1/2 lb ricotta cheese (I used a touch more)
lasagna noodles
Make enough for an 8x8 pan. Preheat oven 350. Brown the meat and mix with paste, water, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes. Cook noodles while you wait. Take out bay leaf and mix ricotta with beef mixture. Layer in your pan: noodles, beef, cheese. Bake for 25 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment