Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Watch Out Project Runway!

My favorite reality show, hands down, is Project Runway. I love watching them make an entire outfit in sometimes a matter of hours! I would love to be on the show just to watch them...I wouldn't get anything accomplished because ummm...let me think, I can't sew! 

For my birthday last year, my mother got me a sewing machine. My machine's name is Janome (their is an accent over the "e") and you have to say it with attitude...snap, snap Janome! She builds my confidence when I make a snickerdoodle (more about the term "snickerdoodle" at a later time, it basically means: mistake). My first project, fresh out of sewing 101 (yes, the class was really called "Sewing 101- All Martha's Welcome") well maybe not that last part (smile) was a skirt. The over achiever came out in me, I miss her. So I picked out the cutest fabric, zipper, thread, and this stuff called...crap I forgot what they call it. Something tape. I started my first sewing project during my winter break (yes, as a teacher I got 2 1/2 weeks off). I completed the project last week. My VERY first skirt. I'm so gosh darn proud of myself. The waist band it totally awful, but only I see it and well, I don't care. Then, Lauren taught me how to knit (I know right, Stephanie McCluskey aka Domestic Queen). So around my neck is my VERY first knitted project: a scarf. I wear it almost very day! I just love it! So here I proudly stand with my kick butt boots and clothes that I actually made.

No comments:

Post a Comment